Monday, February 25, 2008

brain function: check!

it was fabulous being back in school, thanks to those who asked :) i had this weird feeling while i was sitting in the classroom that just... felt good. it felt like life; it felt like being back in it. and believe me, there are no words to describe that feeling. just like that, the anger i had yesterday about my "wasted" month is gone. none of it matters, now.
i had to leave early (i know - first day back) which was great because this class is boring me to shit already. it has *no* connection to my career goals whatsoever. i'm glad it's my first class back so i can just get through it. next week is marketing, which i'm wicked excited about. that'll apply to all of us. way off topic... i left early to get a drug test for work, so now i can officially start @ PS until a better opportunity comes along. and, while this job doing promo work is awesome, the pay is... basically nothing. but that's how club & band shooting works, and that's why not many people do it.
i also have an appt w/ my career counselor on thurs so i can find out what the hell i'm supposed to do to get into retouching and, even more so, the aspect i want to be involved in.

i talked to c today (miss youuu) and was telling her all about my first day back when she told me, "you sound so much happier now that you're back in school." i so am. i was really starting to lose my mind and was getting a little depressed over the past couple days. i knew i was excited to get back, but i didn't realize it was going to feel this good.

i tuned my guitar last night, believe it or not. i thought i could suck up the pain, but she really needs some work done. i want to playyy. i also taught myself a song on piano the other night. seriously. well, ok, keyboard. but, for those who don't know, i don't play piano. always wanted to, but never had the time or money to stick with my teacher for long. but for some reason, i've had this surge of motivation to really work on it. i've decided to stop wishing i could do things and start doing them.
so, i've been given permission to take the keyboard for "as long as i want". (the little sister in me wants to do the whole, "it's technically mine, anyways" thing... but then i remember that jayme uses it more in a week than i have in 21 years...oh, and i'm 21 :P) i'd really like to work on getting this song i learned down (i'm kind of obsessed with it) and work on my coordination.

oh, and to top off my day, i finally talked to steph for the first time since she left for fl. i'm so happy for her. she's finally found herself :) i miss her, but it's not the crazy kind of missing where i can't wait for her to come back. yes, i can't wait to see her again, but i've never heard her this happy before. she's where she belongs.

the only thing that could make me happier right now would be to perform somewhere... i would kill to be on stage. like...seriously. i searched through auditions in the area for a while today. i found nothing. i'll keep looking...

(too many "..."'s in this entry...)

No comments:

Post a Comment