Friday, February 22, 2008

masshealth: best if used by 010208.

monday night, i go to pick up my bc pills from cvs (bk pills, depending on how sick in the head you may be). i'm told that i only have one refill left. of all things they could have told me, that was apparently the most important. i pulled off to the side and drove back up to the window about 10 minutes later. the pharmacist informs me that my pills are not covered by insurance and the total comes to $63.50, which is $63.50 more than my insurance co-pay.
"um...yes...it is," i tell him, already slightly more than aggravated.
"hold on." he disappears to a computer on the other side of the pharmacy and returns to explain that masshealth and cvs are no longer contracting with each other. i will have to call my insurance in the morning and find out where i can bring my prescriptions to because, apparently, the number 1 "neighborhood drugstore" doesn't work with every insurance company. i guess i never thought about it.

the part that really pisses me off is that all i needed was birth control. but what if someone needed antibiotics for some crazy infection? that can cost hundreds. or insulin...heart meds...cytoxin... that's slightly dangerous, don't you think?

it's now friday - the first day i've been able to get in touch with my insurance who told me that it expired on 2/1/08. wow... good thing i was done at walden in january because i had no idea it even had an expiration date. of course, now i'm confused about what i was told at cvs about the contract. these are two separate issues...
so, i have 2 prescriptions to fill, i haven't had health insurance for 22 days, and the co. closed early due to the storm. i also no longer have a pcp and this all needs to be handled by 3/1. oy. i heart insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment