Thursday, July 08, 2010

stephanie meyer pays my bills.

I have been dying to share this with the world, but I wanted it to be official before I went on telling the story to everyone. Yesterday, I received proof that the shirt was in fact received by my buyer (in Australia) and this money is totes mine. (Okay, the money is totes my mechanic's and my landlord's.. but it's money I wouldn't be able to give them otherwise!)

For those who don't know, the picture to the left is from the unbelievably crazed-teenager spawning movie, Twilight. I got into it and when I watched the movie, realized I own the shirt in this picture over here. That's Bella. Girls all over the world want to be her. Apparently, it's awesome to always look miserable.. that's kind of "in" right now.

Anyway, it's important to know that this shirt was bought for me (yeah, my mom totally buys me clothes still) 4 years ago on clearance at Bob's for $5. This was before the books came out.

Long story short, here's a screen shot of my shirt up on eBay on the last day of bidding:

[If you're honestly amazed that people are this psychotic about Twilight, click on it.. it gets worse.]
Fuck. Yes.

And then I sold a free book for $50. I love eBay. The end.

2 comments:

  1. MLIT is possibly the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. I can only hope that most of those were jokes. And fear that they were not. Nice job on the shirt sale by the way!
    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I know and it's because of people like them that this was possible. Thanks! :D

    (Btw, I really like your blog name.)

    ReplyDelete