Saturday, June 19, 2010

stfu: not what you think.

STFU, it's not what you think. This one stands for Summer Training Friday Update. At first I had SFU, but how could I not throw a T in there? Training works. I'm training to be a better member of society. Count it.

Anyway, I need to track my goals and hold myself accountable for them. I read once in a runner's blog that it helps to blog goals like this because when you know other people are aware of what you're working towards, you're less likely to let down an entire group. I am forcing myself to keep my (three or so) readers content with positive updates. So, here you have it for today:

Ran: my whole W2 for C25K. It started well, did not end so well. My IT band is not in fantastic shape, and while my PT says it feels a little looser, I beg to differ. I've also started ankle strengthening, which should help. Oh, and when a physical therapist looks at your chart and goes, "WOW, you have a lot of exercises on here!" it's not usually a good thing.. I'm going to repeat W2 and we'll see how it goes.

Wrote: a synopsis. The goal is 500 words whenever I write, but I'd say that's a start. I decided to give my own life a break and try something fiction. I liked where I was going with last year's NaNoWriMo project, so I thought I'd see if I could bring it back to life.
Spoke: a good hour's worth of Hebrew. I've had "כותב" stuck in my head. It just means "writes," which is awkward to have hanging in your head all day.

Found: my iPod and my favorite shoes.. huge relief. Next goal: my carpet. I know it's in here somewhere..

Misc: I got a new job. I start on Tuesday. That was my biggest goal of the summer, so YAY(enter: tons of exclamation points). Also, my deposit has been sent into school. Next steps include getting my immunization records from my doctor and setting up placement testing. Getting closerrrrrrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment