Sunday, June 20, 2010

a father's day tribute.

This is my dad and I on our last birthday (my 23rd, his 55th). We have the same birthday and after almost 24, the awesomeness has still not gotten old for me.

My dad has been a lot of things in his life: a father (obviously, or you wouldn't have this blog to read.. lucky you), a brother, a husband, a manager, a basketball player, a softball player, a clarinet player, a devout red sox fan, a purebred bostonian, a computer nerd, a "bagel man," a soccer coach, a baseball coach, a softball coach, a temple volunteer, a shoe salesman, a grade A angel hair pasta cook, a great children's story author (though these stories cannot be found in writing), a heart attack survivor, an entrepreneur, a Santa Claus, a lover, a fighter.. a joker, a smoker, and a midnight toker. ..Anyway..

Whichever one of the above he was at any given time, he always strived to be the best and encouraged my brother and I to do the same. Like a dad should.

In the past 3 years, I have certainly learned not to take these things for granted. Dad, I always appreciated everything you tried to do to help me. Right down to teaching me everything I know about baseball and the soap opera that is The Boston Red Sox, especially during the times when we had very little else in common. You were always there.

I love you, Dad. Happy Father's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment