Thursday, June 10, 2010

the short second life of bree tanner.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Alright, as a Twilight fan (yes, I will shamelessly label myself as such), I think this added some interesting depth to the third book. I am one of those people who likes all the answers and all loose ends tied up, so having some background on these creatures thrown into Eclipse gives a nice dimension to the war with the newborns.

That being said, it was.. "cute." I honestly felt like I was reading fan-fiction for a good portion of the book. I said I like answers, but I'm a big girl; I don't need to be spoon-fed details like, "Once again, I knew there was something I was missing in his expression," until BAM, "I figured out what it was I was missing in his expression." You're a novelist, Meyer, build like one.

It was worth it, and nothing that - writing wise - I wasn't expecting after having plowed through the whole series. For what it was and the three hours it took to read it, I liked it. It'll also be an interesting idea to keep in mind when seeing Eclipse in a few weeks.

If you're a Twilight fan, it's not really something you have the option of not reading.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment