Thursday, April 29, 2010

the almost moon.

The Almost Moon The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I feel like that teacher that doesn't believe in A's. This book was very, very good, but I just can't bring myself to give it 5 stars.While Alice Sebold didn't quite grab me in the same way The Lovely Bones did, she still manages to astound me with her style. To stretch the events of a 48-hour period over 300 pages, meanwhile giving you a complete look at a person's entire personal life is amazing. The imagery she is able to instill is incredibly intense. This is the kind of story that sticks with you between reading sessions and tends to linger while you're trying to go about your work day. That's a book that wins me over - one that makes me feel emotionally apart of the story.This book is a heavy read, for sure. It's a fairly quick read, but if you're looking for something light and cheery, Alice Sebold is not the way to go.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment