Monday, April 19, 2010

dreams of incompetency.

Luckily, dreams can be woken up from. And thank God.

I had a dream last night that I was at work (which was apparently me and a co-worker sitting on a couch and playing with model magic). I was stuck - as she wouldn't let me leave - for an extra two hours until my GM came in and was pissed I had stayed an extra two hours out of my scheduled time. At this point, it was 11:30pm in my dream, a weird time to still be stuck at work.
When I got home from work, where I lived with my parents, my mom had a collection of mail for me. Apparently, the school that I should be automatically accepted to had sent out forms to different places to learn about me. I was afraid my mom had seen my failing grades, even though I hadn't even started school yet. As it turns out, the school decided to reject me because my job sent them a review of my performance at work and ripped me apart as an employee. Therefore, I was not allowed to go to community college. What the fuck.

Anyway, at 4:30am this morning, I was up and ready to head to Lexington for the reenactment of the Revolutionary War, the reason for Patriots' Day, of course. In a million years, I never would have thought I would enjoy anything history related, let alone get up at 4:30am for it. It was pretty cool, not gonna lie. And for the first time in my life (including 12 years of American history), I finally understood what had happened during that war.
Of course, waking up at 4:30 makes a 7.5 hour work shift way more difficult. I am now on hour 15 of being awake, and I'm fading pretty quickly. I still have to stay up at least another 3 hours in order for me to not royally screw up my sleep. I am nodding off on the couch in my living room while eating carbs and drinking juice to try to keep myself awake. Not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment